- Location: Across: Fannie Bay NT, Myrtle Bank SA, Huntfield Heights SA, North Plympton SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
We are flexible with hours and days, this will also depend on our residents calendar and what role interests you the most.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Training is provided during induction and ongoing
- National Police Certificate *
We require a police certificate for the purposes of aged care. we support our volunteer applicants with this.
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are looking for volunteers with skills and interest in quizzes, trivia, sensory and brain games and word games.
We are also keen to hear from those interested in reading books to individual residents or as part of a group, playing bingo and carpet bowls or attending happy hour.
These volunteer positions would best suit those with clear communication skills, patience and empathy.
If you a looking for a rewarding opportunity to assist older residents continue to enjoy independence, fun and dignity - we would love to hear from you.