- Location: Hawthorn VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Other
The hours of volunteering are irregular but approximately two hours a month on average.
Type of work
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Volunteers will be inducted to the program
- National Police Certificate *
*Police check will be organised and paid by the organisation
*Age limit: 18+
* Minimum time commitment: Preferably 12 months
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of ACCESS Health and Community - Hawthorn Community House.
Join a team of volunteers in implementing 'The Life Writing Program' which encourages emerging writers to tell stories of their lives by assisting them to develop their writing skills. This volunteer opportunity allows individuals to share their love of writing and stories with older, frail or isolated people.
This role would ideally suit those with a background in publishing, editing or who are themselves a published writer
The Life Writing Program aims:
- To provide personal mentoring to assist older, frail or isolated people with a desire to write about aspects of their life and to develop their writing skills.
- To provide friendship, connectedness and a sense of community and belonging
This volunteer opportunity is flexible and be completed from home.