- Location: Kingston QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Museums & Heritage
Approximately 3 hours per week (shifts either Thursday, Friday or Saturday 10am-1pm or 1pm-4pm)
Type of work
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
Induction and ongoing training as needed.
- Working with Children Check *
• Excellent customer service skills
• Willingness to welcome and relate to people of a variety of ages and cultures
• Attend Logan City Council Health & Safety (Compulsory) Induction
• Attend Logan City Council Health & Safety Local Site Induction
• Read Code of Conduct for Staff
• Read Handbook for Mayes Cottage Volunteers
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Mayes Cottage House Museum offers a rare opportunity to experience a unique part of the City of Logan’s heritage. The museum includes the remains of the original slab hut (1873), the lovingly preserved house (1887) and beautiful tranquil gardens.
Volunteers assist in the delivery of informative tours for: • walk-in visitors • primary schools (visits include interactive activities) • senior and community groups • community events
• Provide a warm welcome to the visitors, guide them through the facilities • Assist with school tours and tour groups when required • Basic cleaning, dusting and tidying if required • Undertake training to learn about the premises • Regular monitoring of the items