- Location: Balwyn VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Food Preparation & Service
- Companionship & Social Support
You will receive training with the Coordinator who will follow the organisations business induction process.
- National Police Certificate *
Minimum time commitment: 6 months
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Balwyn Evergreen Centre.
We are seeking a Programs Assistant on Wednesdays, to help the new Club Coordinator in delivering the Seniors Club Program. The program provides companionship, recreation, stimulating activities and entertainment for older people.
Tasks may include:
- Helping the Coordinator to shape and research program ideas.
- Preparing activities
- Setting up the dining room for lunch, assisting serve, clean up and wash up after meals.
- Accompanying Clients on outings
- Working in small groups so Clients get close attention
- Assisting with Client pickup and drop off
Key skills: Enthusiasm, energy, ability to relate to elders, willingness to work as part of a team, preparedness to learn and experience new ideas.