- Location: Sydney NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Education & Training
3 days per week
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Research, Policy, & Analysis
House To Grow is committed to providing suitable training in support of our health and safety, discrimination and privacy policies.
House To Grow will reimburse you for any reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
• Proven work experience as a community manager or willingness to learn based on educational qualifications and interest.
• Outgoing personality – able to walk into networking events and be comfortable introducing yourself to strangers.
• Passionate and articulate with the ability to analyse the implications of online communications and messages.
• Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter).
• Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events).
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Hands on experience with social media management for brands.
• Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics.
• Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels.
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
• Degree in a relevant field such as marketing or IT.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Community Manager will support us with:
- Content creation – writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels.
- Social media marketing – creating, managing and growing the company's presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties.
- Events and event planning – attending industry events in your city and planning meetups for your community.
- Public relations – managing incoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns.
- Customer relations – responsible for customer support and answering questions.
- Communications/marketing strategy – creating strategic marketing/communications plans to provide direction for the company's public-facing communications.
- Analytics – Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
Don't forget to please forward your CV by separate email.