- Location: Jannali NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Full time is preferred
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Education & Training
- Governance, Boards, & Committees
On the job training
Fuel, telephone, lunch and any other working costs. Potential to progress to paid employment.
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
Friendly and able to work with people of various backgrounds and personalities
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
CentreHelp is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to supervise and lead a team of volunteers in their well-established Christian charity organisation which supports the local community. The coordinator will commence as part of the leadership team with the intention of transitioning into a paid senior supervisory role, depending on the suitability of the volunteer.
The volunteer must demonstrate a commitment to Christian beliefs and ethics, with a desire to engage with and meet the needs of the community.
The volunteers responsibilities in the Cafe Ministry include:
- Rostering volunteers
- Training of volunteers,
- Ordering stock and managing inventory
- Co-ordinating maintenance of cafe equipment
- Liaising with treasurer for payment of accounts
- Hands on management of cafe including operating coffee machine and register, as needed.
Experience with Reckon beneficial but not essential.
A major task is to oversee volunteers and manage contracts with the organisations currently providing volunteers, including: a) Max Employment (Work for the Dole) b) Centrelink (Mature people working 15 hours per week) c) Probation and Parole (Community Service) d) Nova Employment (Work experience for young people with disability) e) Local High Schools (Special needs work experience)
Working in co-ordination and consultation with the FoodCare Supervisor, providing support and sharing resources, as needed.