- Location: Burnie TAS
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Museums & Heritage
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Groups of 10 or more
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
- Writing & Editing
On the job
Only management approved
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the level of coverage for volunteers due to various restrictions to ensure they are covered for the roles they will be undertaking.
The Advocate newspaper is donating their collection of images (photographic negatives) from 1953 to 2000. We have the exciting task of digitising, cataloguing, and bringing our personal experiences and knowledge to the story of these images.
As a history volunteer, some of the tasks you will perform will be:-
- Expanding on the descriptions that accompany the images (cataloguing)
- Rehousing the negatives in archival quality materials
- Digitising for uploading to web based collection database
If this sounds like your cup of tea, why not express interest today and we will get back to you to have a chat about the project.