- Location: Bundoora VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
minimum of one hour per week or fortnight
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
on going training opportunities
• A genuine empathy and understanding of older people, people with disabilities and/or people of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
• Communication and listening skills
• Ability to work independently
AMCS Volunteer will be visiting a Spanish speaking gentleman who resides in Bundoora
The program enables socially isolated elderly from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to receive a regular visit from a volunteer visitor. Our volunteers are matched with an elderly person based on region, interests and language to provide free weekly or fortnightly visits for the purpose of companionship and friendship.
Volunteers report to the Coordinator of Volunteer Programs, receive on-going training opportunities and volunteer functions.
Volunteers are required to make a commitment of at least 6 months, to visit their client for at least one hour per week or fortnight and undergo a police check.
The program is part of a Community Visitors Scheme, an Australian Government Initiative.