- Location: Northcote VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Emergency Response
Type of work
- Safety & Emergency Services
Training on the job
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Volunteers need to be able to work as part of a team, enjoy challenges and have a sense of commitment to the community.
The Northcote unit is currently seeking volunteers available during the day.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The SES is a volunteer emergency service. Their primary role at Northcote is responding to storm and flood damage. We do not fight fires or perform road accident rescue tasks.
We train every Monday night from 7:30 pm until around 10:00 pm and volunteers attendance is expected.
Volunteers will be required to complete required training before becoming operational.
The Unit operates a call out roster system and volunteer must make themselves available for: -
• Emergency call outs; • Unit training and external training; • Unit Maintenance; • Public Relations/Community Education/Awareness activities; and • Fundraising activities.
The Unit is required to be operationally ready and available twenty-four (24) hours per day seven (7) days a week.