- Location: Rozelle NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Indigenous Australians
4 - 8 hours per week, flexible weekdays, during the day.
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
You will be given an induction to the organisation and the programs they operate. You will be shown the activities that need to be done and will be given the training needed.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This organisation designs unique, innovative and transformational programs to empower young Aboriginal parents with children aged 0 - 5 to break the life cycle of suffering caused by loss of country, community, culture and family. The organisation is made up of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal professionals working side by side for fundamental improvements in the life of Aboriginal families, their infants and children.
This Not for Profit organisation needs help from volunteers for a fundraising events. They need support for various tasks from social media, updating contact lists, making calls to invitees, liasing with venue providers, helping to decorate the venue and providing assistance during the event. You will be working with the Event Manager, other event assistants and other members of the Management Team.
The role is flexible and can be built around your interests and availability. It is likely there will be weekly planning/event management meetings that you will need to attend for 1.5 hours per week at our office in Rozelle or Lane Cove. Other work may be able to be done from home. It would be ideal if you can use your own laptop and be able to deliver on any commitments that you make.
- You will work with people who are passionate about changing the lives of Aboriginal children and their families.
- Working with this organisation provides the opportunity to meet people and experts in the field of psychiatry, psychology, social work, etc. working to support Indigenous Australians.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.