- Location: Kingscote SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Emergency Response
Regular training night and times will be advised on reply.
Type of work
- Safety & Emergency Services
Full induction, on-line learning, specialist training, nationally recognised and accredited courses.
Out of pocket expenses associated with volunteering role will be reimbursed.
- Ability to be flexible, work in a dynamic team environment and have the physical capability to perform SES operational duties.
- Consent to a confidential Criminal History Records Check which is conducted by and paid for by the agency.
- Please note, being part of an Emergency Services team involves being able to respond quickly, so members MUST live in fairly close proximity to their local unit.
Please note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
The State Emergency Service (SES) is a dynamic volunteer-based emergency service organisation which provides immediate assistance during emergency situations and natural disasters. Volunteers perform a variety of roles including, but not limited to:
- Storm and flood operations
- General rescue
- Road crash rescue
- Land search and rescue
- Operational support
- Community engagement
- Office support As a SES volunteer you will be provided a comprehensive training package to support you in your responsibilities as a volunteer. SES volunteers are required to attend regular unit training sessions and demonstrate commitment to the principles of the Code of Conduct. Depending on your role, you will be requested to respond to emergency incidents which can be during the day or night as the SES provides emergency response to the community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
SES values all skill levels and diversity, including but not limited to, age, gender, culture and ability.
If you have the motivation then SES can help you see yourself in orange and live the volunteer experience.