- Location: Geelong VIC
- Commitment: One off - an event
- Category: Animal Welfare
Event Time: 7am – 1:30pm (please arrive 10 minutes EARLY) Sunday from 7am - 1:30pm. Additional information is available from the agency.
- Families with Children
- Groups of 10 or more
- Travelling Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
- Working with Animals
Attend Briefing: Tue13th May (late evening) OR Fri 16th May (early evening) location/time TBC.
Lunch, Million Paws T-shirt or cap,
Be available for the event on Sunday 19 May 2019 and attend volunteers briefing.
Volunteers Briefing Night:
Attend either Tuesday13th May (late evening) OR Friday16th May (early evening) location and time to be confirmed closer to the date.
- have good communication skills and show initiative,
- be physically fit and active able to be on your feet for you allocated job role,
- able to work from directions and a team member.
What you get in return:
The role of event volunteers is imperative to the overall success of the event and for this reason, we consider all volunteer crew to be valued members of the events team, so in return for your hard work, you will receive the following:
- complimentary BBQ lunch,
- complimentary RSPCA Million Paws Walk T-shirt or cap,
- spend a day out meeting everyone's furry best friends,
- an opportunity to learn new skills,
- connect with like-minded people with fur-friends,
- reference and thank you letters: these are available upon request after the event.
There will be market stalls, live music and entertainment, loads of foods for you (and your pooch) to try, and exciting new doggie products to test out – as well as free veterinary checks at certain locations to make sure your dog is in tip-top shape! Here's what we need:
- you're a dog person or you just love all animals and want to support the fight against animal cruelty and you can spare some time to assist on the event.
We are seeking lots of active volunteers as multiple roles are available:
- pre-event organising: brain storm and share your knowledge,
- registration: manage cash & EFT payments - the pre event business end in readiness for the walk,
- Meet, Greet and Welcoming - be there to greet our walkers and fur friends,
- BBQ: cook, cash handling and orders - so you get to feed the hungry gathering,
- Venue set-up: helping with the set up and presentation for the event,
- Venue pack-up: and we need people who can do a little more lifting and packing up,
- Retail sales: merchandising - general sales of RSPCA good provided for the stall.
Things to consider:
- volunteers briefing nights a week before the event, please make sure you are available for this briefing.
- please take this into account when organising your travel to and from the event that you have access to either public transport or personal vehicle,
- are you are motivated and do can communicate and perform well under pressure,
- that you work well in a team environment and be proactive,
- you are fit and healthy, able to work on your feet all day if necessary and help rearrange furniture etc.
- and you feel confident handling money.