Vinnies shop volunteers do a variety of work.
Tasks may include
- Providing helpful and courteous customer service – greeting people and answering queries.
- Processing sales – using a simple cash register, EFTPOS/credit card facilities and cash handling.
- Re-stocking shop floor – displaying and merchandising.
- Store housekeeping – tidying, dusting, and cleaning.
- There may be some steaming required as needed.
- General shop duties.
Vinnies shops need people with a genuine DESIRE to HELP others and are RELIABLE.
The skills we look for are
- Desire to LEARN, ability to listen and respond with courtesy.
- Willingness to FOLLOW policies, procedures and instructions.
- The ability to work well in a TEAM environment.
- A FRIENDLY and compassionate personality.
- Maintain confidences and respect others' privacy.
- Be sensitive to others' values, faiths, cultures and lifestyles.
You must undertake any training required and undergo a National Police Check (at no cost to you as a volunteer).
Minimum age is 15 years.