JOIN US IN CHANGING LIVES…
Our bright & friendly Vinnies shop, in the heart of the Brighton beachside shopping precinct, is a lovely location with a warm, inviting team. We're looking for new volunteers to help out on weekends. Would you like to join us?
Vinnies shop volunteers do a variety of work. Tasks usually include:
- Providing helpful and courteous customer service – greeting people and answering queries.
- Store housekeeping – tidying, dusting, and cleaning.
- Processing sales – using a simple computer register, EFTPOS/credit card facilities and cash handling.
- Re-stocking shop floor – displaying and merchandising.
- Stock preparation – sorting, cleaning, steaming and pricing.
- General shop duties.
Vinnies shops need people with a genuine DESIRE to HELP others. The skills we look for are:
- A desire and ability to LEARN.
- A willingness to FOLLOW policies, procedures and instructions.
- The ability to work well in a TEAM environment.
- A FRIENDLY and compassionate personality.
You need an ability to listen and respond with courtesy, to maintain confidences and respect the privacy of those we encounter; and be sensitive to the values of people of other faiths, cultures and lifestyles. You must also be willing to follow Vinnies’ policies and procedures, undertake any training required, and undergo a National Police Check (at no cost to you as a volunteer).
Minimum age is 15 years.