Vinnies shop volunteers do a variety of work.
Regular tasks include:
- Providing helpful and courteous customer service – greeting people and answering queries
- Processing sales – using a simple computer register, EFTPOS/credit card facilities and cash handling
- Re-stocking shop floor – displaying and merchandising
- Stock preparation – sorting, cleaning, steaming and pricing
- Store housekeeping – tidying, dusting, and cleaning
- General shop duties
- Reliability - you must be able to commit to a regular roster
- A desire and ability to LEARN
- A willingness to FOLLOW policies, procedures and instructions
- The ability to work well in a TEAM environment
- A FRIENDLY and compassionate personality
You need an ability to listen and respond with courtesy, to maintain confidences and respect the privacy of those we encounter; and be sensitive to the values of people of other faiths, cultures and lifestyles. You must also be willing to follow Vinnies’ policies and procedures, undertake any training required, and undergo a National Police Check (at no cost to you as a volunteer).
Minimum age is 15 years.