The Shopping Assistant picks the client up from their home in their own car, transports hem to the shopping centre, accompanies them to do their shopping and other personal business and transports them home.
Responsible to: The Branch Manager via the Service Coordinator
- Assist the client to write and/or read their shopping list.
- Transport client from home to the shopping centre and back again.
- Assist clients who need support when walking.
- Assist clients with reading signs and labels, lifting items from shelves and pushing shopping trolley.
- Assist client to carry shopping back home and unpack.
- Socialise with clients.
- Observe client’s welfare and providing feedback to the Service Coordinator as per organisation procedures.
- Compliance with relevant WHS regulations.
- Attend training.
- 2 to 3 hours per week or fortnight.
- Enjoy the company of aged people.
- Current driver’s licence and use of own car.
- Good English language skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential and professional relations with clients.
- Ability to work with staff and other volunteers as members of a professional team.