Volunteer West is advertising this position on behalf of Learning for Employment
Learning for Employment are looking for dedicated and enthusiastic volunteer tutors to provide English language support, community information and a general understanding of Australian culture.
The duties of the tutor include:
- Meet with the learner either face to face and/or online and provide English language support, community information and a general understanding of Australian culture
- Prepare appropriate sessions to meet the learner’s needs
- Maintain regular contact with the LfE AMEP Volunteer Tutor Scheme Officer
- Report on session deliveries using the appropriate reporting template
LfE are looking for a volunteer with the following essential skills and qualities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills including basic digital literacy
- An understanding of and empathy for people from culturally and linguistically diverse groups
- Proficiency in English language, both spoken and written
- Ability to work independently
- Responsible record keeping
- Adherence to LfE’s Code of Conduct and the organization’s Child Safe Standards
No previous teaching experience is required. Volunteers from culturally and linguistically diverse background (CALD) are welcome.
Locations: Western suburbs of Melbourne, or Geelong or Ballarat.
Tuition might take place in:
- Learner’s home
- Local library, community centre or any other negotiated public place
- Local LfE site
- Online platform
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Learning for Employment is committed to providing equitable and accessible services in a safe environment. They welcome and encourage participation of members of our local communities regardless of ethnicity, culture, religion, language, gender, sexuality, age or ability.