As Building Maintenance Specialist you will make a significant difference to the Kurilpa Scout Group by using your handyman skills to maintain, repair and/or replace works in our glorious 100 year old celebrated community hall otherwise known as the 'Den'.
Your responsibilities will include:
- collaborate with the Committee to carry out regular 3 monthly inspections to find any areas requiring attention
- once identified, decide in conjunction with the Committee whether or not you are able to carry out the works yourself or will we need the services of a professional electrician, plumber, painter, builder etc.
- obtain professional quotes from relevant providers of services required to ensure a successful project
- ensure all works are carried out in a transman like manner during the next 3 months and before the next regular inspection
- keep accurate records of expenditure (NB receipts) for speedy reimbursement
- maintain regular contact with the Committee to clarify details for each project
- manage the 12 monthly pest inspections ie liaise with the relevant Inspector
- manage the 12 monthly fire inspections ie liaise with the relevant Inspector
- keep the Committee informed re updates, opportunities or requirements related to the works
- ensure compliance with building and Council codes where required