Are you looking to make a difference and gain invaluable experience working on fundraising events?
Join us at Cancer Council NSW and volunteer with a fabulous team!
About Cancer Council NSW
Cancer Council NSW (CCNSW) is a community funded and focused not for profit. We are the largest cancer charity in NSW and our point of difference is that we work across every area of every cancer, from research right through to support.
CCNSW is an inclusive place to volunteer and work. We embrace diversity, celebrate our differences, and inspire each person to be their authentic self at work. As we strive to represent the communities we serve, we welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups.
About the role
This is an exciting volunteer role working with a talented team of professionals and will support in the delivery of administrative tasks to execute multiple campaigns and events.
Reporting to Jenny Nguyen - Community Fundraising Coordinator, the position of Events & Marketing Assistant will support the delivery of several amazing events and Campaigns including:
- Fairfield and Hornsby Relay for Life and Stars of Western Sydney
- Support the delivery of The Longest Day in December 2023
- Help us get ready for a great year of fundraising in 2024 including Australia's Biggest Morning Tea
This role is one day a week for 12 months with the potential to stay on longer based in our Parramatta community office.
A normal day of volunteering:
- Support with content development through designing promotional resources on Canva
- Manage campaign fundraising pages
- Respond to event related enquires
- Support with team event administrative tasks
- Reach out to sponsors and supporters to promote events
- A confident phone manner and excellent communication skills
- An interest in events and the non for profit sector
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- High level computer literacy in Microsoft Office and using online platforms.
About the Benefits
- Volunteer for a great organisation working towards a cancer-free future.
- Be part of a dynamic team that works with community and our supporters.
- Learn new skills, gain valuable work experience and apply your professional skills to work that makes a difference.
- You’ll have access to our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits and much more.
Volunteer in an organisation that is recognised for Voice Project's 2021 “Best Workplace” and “Change Champion" Award.
How to apply:
Why wait! Apply online and you will receive instructions on how to send your application to us.
For further information regarding this role, please first apply and you will be provided with contact details. (Seek policy).
For more information about volunteering and Cancer Council NSW, please go to our website.