Make-A-Wish® creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We work with sick kids, their families and medical teams to grant unforgettable wishes – like making unicorns fly, sending kids to the moon to and even helping Australia's youngest ever cricket captain don the baggy green!
The friendly team at the Central Coast Wish Granting Team are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join Make-A-Wish as the volunteer Secretary. By sharing your time and skills, you can help Australian children experiencing life-threatening illnesses.
As the Secretary your main focus will be to:
- Maintaining minutes of meetings
- Meeting Agenda
- Sharing meeting minutes
As well as getting involved in other volunteer activities, such as:
- Raising awareness in their local communities
- Attending home visits or meeting wish families online to capture a sick child's true wish
- Helping bring the wish to life through all the stages of the Wish Journey
We know that your time is precious, so we will work with you to make sure you get the most out of your experience with us. You have the opportunity to:·
- Join an inspiring organisation, where you will help children experience the anticipation and long lasting effects of a wish-come-true
- Receive training to get you wish-ready
- Access ‘Community’, our online support network where you can connect with other members of our Wish Force and access handy resources
- Make connections and build lifelong friendships
There are few experiences more powerful than helping make a wish come true. Together, we have helped countless local families through fundraising, events and wish-related activities.
If you’re 18 years of age or over, you’re looking to be inspired and share Make-A-Wish’s values of Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Community and Child Focus - apply today!
Make-A-Wish Australia is proud to be a child-safe organisation. Our recruitment practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interview process and include background screening to ensure that anyone that joins us at Make-A-Wish aligns with our values and commitment to child safety.