### Who are we?
Whilst some may best know the Canning Agricultural, Horticultural and Recreational Society Inc. for our annual Canning Show (which has won awards, had 15,000 attendees on average and broken records continuously for the past few years), CAHRS alsoowns and operates the Cannington Exhibition Centre & Showgrounds, which sees around 450 diverse events held in our multiple venue spaces and over 150,000 visitors each year.
A not-for-profit organisation, we’re dedicated to providing platforms, activities, classes, social groups, expos and other events that enrich the community and encourage agricultural and horticultural interests, cultural and artistic pursuits, and other recreational interests. We are also currently expanding our venue spaces, with new spaces opening at this year's Canning Show, and with them a whole new range of opportunities to enrich communities!
### Who are we looking for?
Primarily searching for current University, TAFE or students/graduates in either Marketing, Communications, PR, Digital Media, Social Media or Design/Digital Production related fields, OR those that have some solid base experience in at least some of the skills listed below.
We are on the search for people interested in an internship, longer-term volunteer placements, or casual work experience/volunteer opportunities. New people to further inspire and contribute to the work of an organisation undergoing a strong period of change, and wanting to learn from our expert staff, as well as collaborate with fellow volunteers.
The interns we’re looking for will have either a range of pre-existing base skills, education or experience relevant to the placement, and the desire to gain real-life experience and increased knowledge in their areas of interest.
### What could you be learning or contributing to?
Depending on your current skills and your interests (we will match tasks to your previous skills and those as you evolve), you could be assisting with:
- Creating engaging original social media content, including promotions via Facebook and Instagram Business Pages.
- Developing new social media content strategies, including on TikTok, LinkedIn, YouTube etc.
- Managing key contact databases, including updating and expanding media, educational, community and client lists.
- Website content creation and management using WordPress.
- Testing and researching potential new communications tools.
- Utilising Mailchimp to create eNewsletters.
- Researching advertising options and helping build and execute campaigns.
- Planning and executing advertising campaigns.
- Various copywriting tasks, including drafting press releases, website content, stories of interest to our members etc.
- Using InDesign or similar graphics programs to help design new promotional assets, including posters, newsletters etc.
- Creating video content for a multitude of uses and platforms
- Driving new membership strategies.
- Events work, including assisting project management, research, brainstorming, communicating with clients etc for the Canning Show and CECS-run events.
- Community targeting and distribution of promotional materials.
- Communicating with a diverse range of key stakeholders.