We are seeking an experienced Secretary to join our non-profit board. As a board member, you will have the chance to provide valuable insights, make informed decisions, and collaborate closely with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for creating positive change. These roles require individuals with a strong commitment to our mission, vision, and values.
Whilst there is a preference for local candidates, we can accommodate remote candidates as the majority of our board meetings are held online, out of business hours, with virtual access to the remaining meetings.
Secretary duties are likely to take up to 3 hours per week and include:
- Coordinating board and general meetings including sending the invite and giving notice, minute-taking and consulting with the board on the agenda
- Maintaining the records of the association, including the membership register, office bearer register, register of motions, and correspondence
- Experience with being a board Secretary, preferably a non-profit board
- Self-starter who is happy to lead out on the coordination of board meetings and set the cadence of the board in conjunction with the Chair
- Preference for a local candidate, however, this role is suited to a remote applicant from anywhere in Australia
- Alignment with the mission, vision and values of the Bayswater Women's Hub
- Has 3 hours per week available to volunteer to this position