Pain support group (PSG) facilitators helps the group to: ~ share their experiences of living with chronic pain, ~ educate the group about self-management techniques and ~ to effectively use healthcare settings.
Tasks will include;
- Prepare materials for group (supplied by APMA & you)
- With the support of APMA, work with local experts to present guest speakers to the group (occasionally)
- Hold meetings at least monthly in person (or on zoom if needed)
- Interact with group participants in a Closed Facebook Group, on Messenger, by phone or email (at least one method).
- Complete basic evaluation so APMA can report on the effectiveness of our services.
The Pain Support Group provides an avenue for people with pain to socialise with others and reduce the isolation of chronic pain. The group meets once a month for 1.5 to 2 hours. We are recruiting volunteers for this role in the Shellharbour area. Each group has at least 2 facilitators to share the load. APMA offers training, and a wonderful inclusive team environment.
PSG Volunteers will be supported through, PSG education material, PSG administrative forms, insurance coverage, certificate and reference (as appropriate).
PLEASE NOTE: This is a community service providing peer support, and as such, we ask no practicing health professionals or training/ studying health professionals to apply. A lived experience with chronic pain is a must. APMA facilitators do not provide medical, pharmaceutical, legal, or industrial relations advice.