HikeWest seeks expressions of Interest (EOI) or nominations for the election of Directors to our 7-member Board. Your EOI should be submitted a.s.a.p. but no later than 6th October 2023. The successful candidate will:
- be able to provide enthusiasm and support for our mission of promoting & fostering bushwalking / hiking in WA and our vision of ‘Better bushwalking for Western Australia’;
- share our focus on serving, strengthening and transforming hiking/bushwalking in WA;
- take an active interest in HikeWest’s strategic planning and direction;
- be prepared to attend all Board meetings (5 per year);
- be an attentive, engaged, inquisitive and collaborative Board member;
- contribute to the individual and collective strengths and diversity of the Board;
- contribute actively to good Board governance and be prepared to challenge ideas to bring out the best in the board’s collective decision-making.
You do not need to have prior experience on a Board/Committee or be a bushwalker to be a valuable Board member: The Board values a diversity of relevant skills and experience among its members. You may have prior experience in any of the following, or other areas: board/committee membership, outdoors recreation, project management, training, strategic plan implementation, governance, etc.