Address: John Wesley Gardens Residential Aged Care Community - 19 Halsmere St, Geebung QLD 4034.
We are seeking volunteers to assist with the resident lifestyle program on weekday mornings and afternoons. The program includes a range of fun group activities for residents, such as bowling, board games, bus trips, and singalongs. Individual visits to residents can also be organised if you would prefer, or feel free to utilise your own skills to facilitate an activity.
These activities assist residents with improving fitness levels, promoting a sense of well-being and encouraging community connectedness. Most importantly, they bring joy and create smiles!
Volunteers can assist residents by:
- Escorting residents to and from the morning lifestyle program and assisting as required during the activity program
- Encouraging independence, friendship, and fun
- Being spontaneous and sharing life experiences
- Providing companionship and a sense of belonging
- Communicating resident feedback to staff to enhance resident enjoyment.
This volunteering role is suitable for people with well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and a calm and empathetic manner. Volunteering is a wonderful way to make a difference in the lives of our senior residents while making friends, having fun and learning new skills.
Please Note: To help us find you the most rewarding and suitable role, you must complete an online registration form, which will be forwarded to you when you apply for this role.
We look forward to hearing from you!