Administrators of Volunteers are key in the smooth running of our Church and community programs, providing relief for Corps Officers so they can focus their attention towards our community members/clients/visitors. The role supports a variety of volunteer-related administration activities such as contacting volunteers, data entry, filing, preparing of spreadsheets, as well as assistance with onboarding volunteers and record keeping.
This role is ideal for someone who appreciates volunteering, loves order, systems and quality improvement, as well as supporting a team to achieve great outcomes for the community.
Administrators of Volunteers are key in creating positive first impressions as they guide a volunteer through the early stages of their application, from background checking to onboarding, in preparation to start their volunteer induction with their new manager. On-going,
Administrators of Volunteers work alongside the volunteer’s manager to maintain volunteer compliance, create regular reports and keep volunteer records up to date.
· With dynamic organisational skills, respond to incoming calls and emails from volunteers whilst also using those quieter times to do data entry, preparing documents, reports and spreadsheets.
· Apply well-honed IT skills to using online systems for information entry and retrieval.
· Support ongoing volunteer involvement by attending to volunteer record administration, ensuring volunteer data and integrity checks are up to date.
· Support volunteer recruitment with initial follow up of expressions of interest, arranging interview times and reference checking, supporting volunteers with applying for background checks, along with assistance with organising volunteer training.
· Compile regular reports of volunteers’ compliance and key recognition milestones (ie years of service, birthdays).
· Bring your attention to detail, professionalism and integrity to ensure that compliance and confidentiality is adhered to at all times.
Qualifications and skills (desired/required)
· Experience in administration is essential
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and SharePoint
· Confident with online systems and software (or willing to learn), as well as using printers (specific on the job training will be provided)
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Flexible times and working from home will be considered.