St David’s Neighbourhood Centre is looking for new board members that represent our diverse community to join the Board of Management. You will have an opportunity to shadow existing board members and be supported in understanding what it means to be a part of the Board of Management.
St David’s Neighbourhood Centre Board of Management provides effective governance, management and support to the staff and volunteers to attain and maintain high standards of service delivery. The Board of Management also ensures the organisation operates in accordance with St David’s Neighbourhood Centre Constitution, Funding Agreements, relevant Federal, State and Local Government laws and legislation and supports our relationship with The Uniting Church in Australia Property Trust (Q.) Each member of St David’s Neighbourhood Centre Board of Management brings to the organisation their own set of experiences, gifts and skills that benefit the community we aim to serve. Board members come from the wider community and within the St David’s Uniting Church Congregation. Each board member and the unique way they can contribute to the work of the organisation is valued.
The Board of Management is responsible for:
- The strategic direction of the organisation including planning and implementation in line with the organisation’s purpose and values.
- Policy planning, implementation and review ensuring the organisation maintains best practice standards and operates ethically and legally.
- Overseeing financial management of the organisation including setting budgets and financial performance of the organisation.
- Staff management and support including recruitment, direction, supervision, and performance management.
- The organisation’s relationship with St David’s Uniting Church through communication and sharing of information and reports.
- Obtaining all relevant facts, reading reports, and gathering information necessary for making informed decisions.
- Attending St David’s Neighbourhood Centre Board of Management meetings held on the 3rd Tuesday of every second month (7.00 pm to 9.00 pm either in person or via video).
The role of Board Member As a member of St David’s Neighbourhood Centre Board of Management, you will:
- Assist the Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer to undertake their duties.
- Manage and support centre staff and volunteers when requested by the Board.
- Be a member of and/or chair sub-committees/task groups as required.
- Sign letters or documents on behalf of the Centre as required.
- Act as a spokesperson when requested by the Board.
- Undertake other responsibilities as may be determined from time to time by the Board.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of and experience in community services, aged care, or disability field is desirable.
- Current National Police Check, Blue Card, and Yellow Card (or willingness to obtain same).
In return for your time St David's Neighbourhood Centre will provide a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive community for you to be a part of. Applications are strongly encouraged from our diverse community.