About the role:
In this role you’ll make an invaluable contribution to the operation and growth of the ASRC’s Catering Social Enterprise in Fitzroy North, giving you the opportunity to directly impact the lives of people seeking asylum. You’ll be providing administration and office coordination support to both clients of the business, and our employees (ASRC members who are seeking asylum). Your work will contribute to ensuring we provide a high-quality and reliable service to our clients, and a positive experience for our employees.
Program: Social Enterprises
The ASRC Social Enterprises exist to create pathways to sustainable employment and financial independence for people seeking asylum. The ASRC currently operates two social enterprises - ASRC Catering and ASRC Cleaning. These enterprises provide people seeking asylum with training and work experience to develop new skills and regain autonomy and purpose.
Our Social Enterprises are in an exciting period of increasing impact through business growth. By scaling existing enterprises and exploring new market opportunities we aim to create more jobs and employment pathway opportunities for people seeking asylum living in the community.
- Responding to customer enquiries over the phone
- Coordinating orders for both catering deliveries and meals to be picked up
- Administration tasks, including printing labels and general office duties
- Contributing new ideas for improving processes and operations
- Supporting the catering team across various catering projects
We are looking for a commitment of 1 shift per week, Tue-Thurs from 10am-3pm.
What we’re looking for
- Strong administration and communication skills
- An understanding of Google Workplace and Microsoft Suite, with strong computer literacy
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Demonstrable time and task management skills
The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) is the largest aid, employment, health and advocacy organisation for people seeking asylum in Australia. The ASRC provides a range of direct services as well as participating in law reform, campaigning and lobbying.
The human rights of people seeking asylum and refugees are at the foundation of all we do and the workforce makes it happen, doing the work to bring the vision and purpose to life.
Our organisational values are: Welcoming, Authentic, Courageous, Collaborative.