Biography Writing Program volunteer in Central West NSWHammondCare Australia
As a HammondCare Biography Writing Volunteer, your listening and writing skills will allow people who are receiving Community care services to share and record their stories, memories, and messages for loved ones. These biographies are then printed and presented to the client and/or client’s family.
HammondCare At Home help people across the Central West area, including Bathurst, Lithgow, Oberon, Cowra and Blayney, so we’ll work to match you with someone with similar interests in your local community.
Ideally, you'll have the following skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word
- 50 words per minute typing skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Own car to drive to the home of the Client
- Willingness to learn new technology and software. You will be using a Dictaphone and a transcription software program
- Availability for a long term commitment and up-to 5 hours per week. The transcription and editing process can occur in the evenings, while the face-to-face interview will occur on a weekday (Monday-Friday between 9am-4pm) for one hour.
When you submit your enquiry, please include details on why you're interested in volunteering.
Volunteering as a social visitor can be a rewarding experience, both for the person you visit as well as yourself. Regular visits from volunteers can help to improve quality of life and help older people feel less isolated. Your visits will bring great joy to the client you are matched with. The Community Visitor Scheme is a Federal Government initiative established to promote links between elderly people and their local community.
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity, supporting people to live in their homes and maintain their independence. We're passionate about improving the quality of life for people in need and we have a wonderful group of volunteers that partner with us to enhance the lives of clients who are living at home.