Membership and Volunteer Coordinator - SASpecial Olympics Australia - National Office
Special Olympics Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that provides sports training, competition opportunities and lifestyle programs across Australia for people with an intellectual disability.
We use sport as our vehicle of choice to enable members to achieve and participate as productive and respected members of community.
Each region is run by a board of committed volunteers and our SA team are seeking the assistance of a membership and volunteer coordinator to support on an ongoing basis. Our athletes need your help to raise awareness, grow our membership and volunteer base who in turn will support our athletes to continue to play sport, stay healthy and experience joy.
About the role:
- Coordinate the registration of all existing athletes, coaches, and volunteers
- Assist in the registration of new members
- Provide ongoing administrative support to the Club LT as required
- Develop volunteer program to meet the ongoing needs of the Club
- Oversee compliance of all members (new and existing) with regards to registration, medicals, and code of conduct
- Assist the Club LT in the Club Accreditation Process (every 2 years)
You’ll be responsible for the implementation of strategies to deliver sustainable growth in membership whilst improving engagement levels across the Clubs existing member group. Additionally, you will have:
- Passion for our organisation delivered with empathy, confidence and an engaging energy
- Integrity and respect for others
- Proven administrative experience within a regulated environment and possess strong attention to detail
- Strong people and leadership skills with an ability to engage and influence others
- An ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Competency using systems and databases, with basic to intermediate computer literacy skills