Volunteer Warehouse Administration Assistant - Abbotsford, VICThe Salvation Army Australia
A core value of the Salvation Army is to support the basic needs of individuals and communities whilst making a positive difference in the world. The volunteer Administration Assistant provides administration and data entry services to support the Salvation Army PR Warehouse in Abbotsford VIC, including data entry of information, responding to emails and general administrative tasks as required.
This is a great opportunity for someone with good clerical and administrative skills to join our team, gaining experience and making connections.
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills:
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Accurate data entry skills and database management
- Experience in an administrative office environment
- Must be able to work independently without supervision
To succeed in this volunteer role, you will need to be conversant with Microsoft Word and Excel and be an efficient typist. You will have a positive and friendly disposition and be a quick learner with a high attention to detail and be task orientated. You will need to be reliable, trustworthy and respectful of the differing views and rights of others, and be able to work within the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
This volunteer role would be an excellent opportunity for anyone wanting to improve upon their administrative skills, or retain skills and utilise their data entry experience to further the good work of The Salvation Army.
Mandatory Requirements Of The Role:
- Complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration, training and induction modules and any other training as required
- A National Police Check will be required for the role – The Salvation Army is a ChildSafe organisation
We encourage you to attach your resume so that we can get to know you a little better.
A role profile for this position is available upon request and will also be provided to the successful applicant during the interview process.
The Salvation Army is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.