Mitigation Team MemberDFES Lower South West Region
The Lower South West Mitigation Team aims to provide existing bushfire and fire and rescue volunteers with additional specialised mitigation skills and experience to assist in undertaking hazard reduction activities across the region. The team will operate across the region to support DFES, Local Governments and DBCA to complete activities such as hazard reduction burns, prescription development and community preparedness demonstrations.
It is envisioned that as the team develops and gains experience, opportunities may become available to provide support across the state to further assist in reducing the threat of bushfire.
Training is provided through the DFES regional office and is encouraged to maintain skills currency throughout the year.
Volunteering is an opportunity to become an integral part of our fun, hardworking team and offers many benefits such as:
- Ongoing training with experienced trainers
- Support, guidance and mentoring from experienced volunteers
- Access to DFES Wellness Branch (critical incident follow-up, Peer Support Officers, counselling, and chaplain services)
- Learning new skills
- Meeting new people and enjoying the company of like-minded team members
- Applying your skills and knowledge in a challenging environment
Contributing to the safety of your local community