Falls Prevention Exercise Class AssistantBASScare
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of BASScare.
Would you enjoy working with older members of the community who are looking to keep active and social while maintaining their independence?
We are seeking a volunteer to assist with our Tuesday fall prevention exercise program. You will assist staff and provide extra support to our clients attending group activities. Our program runs from 1.30pm to 2.30pm on a Tuesday for 12 weeks.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Assisting with room set up and pack up
- Greet class participants
- Encourage participation in the exercise class
- Help lead by example, following and assisting with staff members instructions
- Engage in conversation with participants throughout the session
- Have fun!
- Good communication skills
- Friendly and welcoming
- Interest in exercise