Maintenance SupportOARS - Community Transitions
OARS Community Transitions is a not-for-profit Incorporated Association with 130 years of experience in supporting disadvantaged, vulnerable and disengaged clients and their families, particularly clients connected to the criminal justice system.
This volunteer position assists the Maintenance Officer to prepare homes for our clients which will include furniture deliveries and removals with some basic maintenance duties required to provide a smooth transition for assigned entering new housing whilst being supported by the OARS accommodation team.
In the role you will:
- Assist in the preparation and furnishing of accommodation for clients prior to allocation of properties and to remove furniture at the end of tenancies
- To source and collect donations and good quality second hand furniture
- To maintain, clean and undertake minor repairs on furniture for client use
- Assist in cleaning of properties pre and post tenancy as needed
- Prepare kitchen packs ready for new clients.
- Any other duties as directed by the Team Manager
Submit an expression of interest today!