Shop Volunteer, Margaret RiverRed Cross Margaret River, op shop
Op Shop Lovers, we're looking for locals in the community to help make the lives of others better and make a positive impact while having some fun too
Assisting with raising funds through the sales of preloved and new clothing, accessories and homewares to support the everyday work of Red Cross. Volunteers assist to drive sales through delivering excellent customer service, emphasizing on providing positive shopping experience for our customers.
Red Cross Shops sell donated clothes, accessories and homewares to raise vital funds for us to continue our work. Every purchase in a Shop means Red Cross can help people overcome hardship, crisis and disaster both here at home and across the Asia Pacific.
- Assist with sorting, tagging and preparing donations for sale
- Help assess the quality and suitability of donated merchandise, and address and quality issues with the Store Manager
- Dispose of unsuitable goods appropriately according the Red Cross Policy.
- Process sales through the register/Point of Sale system
- Assist with cash handling and banking in line with Retail Policy Procedures
- Help to create window and visual merchandising displays
- Maintain a clean and tidy store with general housekeeping duties
- Identify hazards, assess risks and report incidents as required in line with the WHS policy
- Understand and apply Red Cross retail policies and procedures
- Manual handling and lifting up to 10kg
- Provide support to customers, fellow volunteers and staff
Standing & Manual handling up to 10 kg required.
*Learning and development ⁻ Complete Red Cross online learning modules as required ⁻ Complete Red Cross Shop Induction and Working Safely in Red Cross Shops manual
Help shoppers with their questions Cash handling - take money and give change to complete sales Communication - have a yarn and a laugh with the locals Reliable - turn up for shifts, sort donations, complete tasks around the shop Sense of humour - locals love to have a chat and so do your colleagues Creativity - create fun and interesting displays to attract customers Organisation - complete tasks quickly and efficiently, like sorting donations
A National Criminal History Check prior to commencement and renewed every five years (Red Cross will arrange this).