Board Director- Healthcare BackgroundAllergy Life Australia
Allergy Life Australia supports, enhances and advocates for the lives and lifestyles of those living with Allergies in Australia.
Our initiatives and programs are set up to be reliable and ongoing resources for those in the community with Allergies. They are offered at no cost to those who need them. Our mission is to continue supporting the community with these initiatives and programs they can always rely upon and continue benefiting from; so they can live a safer and happier allergy life.
Our initiatives include providing support and information for allergy-friendly venues, online support groups, modern means of communicating allergies, streamlined access to allergy health care providers and more.
We are seeking a Non-executive Board Director. Previous board experience is optional; however, candidates are expected to bring their skills, expertise and experience in their specialty area that can be applied to the organisation. Board guidance will be provided for those without prior experience.
The role is a combination of planning, strategy and implementation. It is a hands-on role that requires regular commitments as the organisation grows. This will allow the successful candidate to nurture their skills, expand their advocacy and truly make a difference to Australians living with allergies in the community.
About The Role
- Skills and Expertise: Background in healthcare as a qualified healthcare professional with a medical background and expertise in managing allergy health outcomes.
- Considered backgrounds includes: Mental Health (Psychologist, Psychiatrist), General Practitioner with expertise in allergies, Allergist, Immunotherapy, etc
- Currently accredited in your field of expertise
- Have worked with allergies within the past 3-5 years
- Opportunity to take the lead in the growth and development of our innovative and impactful health care programs and initiatives within the organisation. This includes advice and guidance in working with other medical practitioners across Australia
- Make a difference for Australians living with allergies
- This role is fully remote.
- Board Meetings Frequency: Quarterly (monthly meetings for initiatives/programs)
- Board Meetings (Mode): Online/Dial-in
- Required Tenure: 3 Terms (3 years)
- Payment: Nil
- Monthly Program and Initiative commitments
- Supportive Environment
- You have allergies, or you live closely with someone that does
- You are passionate about allergies and want to help others with allergies in Australia
- You have good verbal and written communication skills and empathy
- You are professional and have digital proficiency (a lot of meetings and our tools used are digital)
- You have skills, expertise and experience in an area of specialty that can be applied to the organisation to benefit the community
- You are based in Australia and are an Australian Citizen
With your application, please provide your Resume and a Cover Letter (single page) outlining why you are applying for this position. In your Cover Letter, please include how your skills, expertise and experiences will benefit the organisation and the Australian allergy community. Please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org