Information Service Volunteer - ArmidaleCancer Council NSW
Help us to support cancer patients, their carers and families in accessing appropriate cancer information and services in Armidale.
Full training and support are provided.
About Cancer Council NSW
Cancer Council NSW (CCNSW) is a community funded and focused not for profit. We are the largest cancer charity in NSW and our point of difference is that we work across every area of every cancer, from research right through to support.
CCNSW is an inclusive place to volunteer and work. We embrace diversity, celebrate our differences, and inspire each person to be their authentic self at work. As we strive to represent the communities we serve, we welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups.
About the role
The role of our Information Services Volunteer team is to direct cancer patients, carers and their families to appropriate cancer information and services.
This is not a counselling role, instead, it is a role that helps to link patients and carers to relevant information, support services and resources.
Reporting to one of our amazing Community Coordinators, the position of Information Services Volunteer focuses on:
- Professionally liaising with clients, and in open communication with the Community Coordinator, deliver respectful and meaningful program services
- Informing clients of the range of services, information and resources as relevant for their individual needs
- Keeping up to date on the services and resources provided by Cancer Council to ensure accurate information is provided
- Respecting the privacy and confidentiality of others, and treats all personal information as confidential
This role is 4-8 hours per fortnight with a minimum commitment to the role of 12 months based at the Armidale Hospital.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and like to work with others in a positive and respectful manner
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about CCNSW services and services provided by other organisations
- Committed to attending all provided training and debrief sessions, as well as regular team meetings
- Proficient computer literacy in Microsoft Office and using online platforms.
About the Benefits
- Volunteer for a great organisation working towards a cancer-free future
- Be part of a dynamic team that works with community and our supporters
- Learn new skills, gain valuable work experience and apply your professional skills to work that makes a difference
- You’ll have access to our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits and much more.
- Volunteer in an organisation that is recognised for Voice Project's 2021 “Best Workplace” and “Change Champion" Award.
How to apply:
Why wait! Apply online and you will receive instructions on how to send your application to us.
For further information regarding this role, please first apply and you will be provided with contact details. (Seek policy).
For more information about volunteering and Cancer Council NSW, please go to our website.
Please note, the health and safety of our people is a priority for us, Cancer Council strongly recommends all employees and volunteers to be vaccinated to minimise the risk of serious illness as a result of COVID19.
Cancer Council NSW is committed to promoting diversity in the workplace. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged and welcomed.