Support WorkerThe Empowering Hive
About the role:
The Empowering Hive (The Hive) is a not-for-profit organisation providing specialised support services under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
We are located at the Alexandra Hills Shopping Centre, 71 Cambridge Drive, Alexandra Hills.
Our Mission is to provide specialised support services to grow the capacity and capability of our participants, so they can build independence and maximise their potential.
Our Vision is that our participants are valued members of society, contributing and flourishing.
Our Values are important to us:
• Heart - We place our participants at the centre of everything we do. • Integrity - We are respectful, transparent and honest when supporting our participants. • Thrive - We work with our participants so they can flourish and bee the best they can bee. • Empower - We support our participants to build confidence, independence and the capacity to self-advocate.
Our current services are based around early childhood supports and therapeutic supports - psychology, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
One of our services will be to transport young people from the nearby The Sycamore School (a school for young people on the autism spectrum) to The Hive for their appointment and then return them to the School. As a result, we are looking for drivers and support workers who would like to work with a passionate group of people to make this a reality.
These are part-time roles commencing in April 2023.
Why Choose Us?:
- Part-time hours designed to suit you.
- You will be working in the local area - the round trip between The Hive and The Sycamore School is approximately 4 km.
- Flexible working arrangements eg any time between 8.30am and 2.30pm.
- Work in dynamic, focused organisation with like-minded people.
- Help young people reach their potential.
Day to Day Tasks:
- Driving the vehicle.
- Assisting the young people to safely embark and disembark the vehicle.
- Ensuring the safety conditions are met.