Events & Marketing Support Volunteer (multiple roles and locations)Cancer Council NSW
Are you studying and want to get some real-life experience to help you get a job when you graduate?
Join us and make a difference while gaining invaluable experience working on a major fundraising campaign like Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea.
About Cancer Council NSW
Cancer Council NSW (CCNSW) is a community funded and focused not for profit. We are the largest cancer charity in NSW and our point of difference is that we work across every area of every cancer, from research right through to support.
CCNSW is an inclusive place to volunteer and work. We embrace diversity, celebrate our differences, and inspire each person to be their authentic self at work. As we strive to represent the communities we serve, we welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups.
About the role
This is an exciting volunteer role and will support the end-to-end delivery of a major event campaign, including supporting on the day and participating in the event wrap-up.
Reporting to one of our talented Community Fundraising Coordinator’s, the position of Event & Marketing Support will, as an example.
- Support the delivery of a major event such as Stars of Wollongong 2023 including developing content in Canva and updating our Stars’ fundraising page
- Create collateral and deliver social media promotion for Relay for Life in Sutherland Shire while sourcing prizes for a raffle and helping with event planning
- Support our fundraisers to be the best they can be for Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea through regular phone calls and tracking interactions in our CRM system
Our Events & Marketing roles are one day a week with a starting commitment of 6-9 months with the potential to stay on longer. Based in one of our community offices, each role available has the option for a flexible working arrangement (working from home and the office).
A normal day volunteering will include:
- Participate in weekly team meetings and report back on assigned tasks
- Develop content in Canva with CCNSW branding
- Support the delivery of a campaign’s social media plan
- Working with our supporters, provide friendly customer service and help
- Source prizes from local businesses and send out thank you notes to supporters
Our ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation, along with:
- Creativity and a ‘can do’ approach to life
- Confidence using the phone on a regular basis & liaising with stakeholders
- An interest in events, marketing, and the not-for-profit sector
- High level computer literacy in Microsoft Office and using online platforms.
About the Benefits
- Volunteer for a great organisation working towards a cancer-free future
- Be part of a dynamic team that works with community and our supporters
- Learn new skills, gain valuable work experience and apply your professional skills to work that makes a difference
- You’ll have access to our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits and much more.
- Volunteer in an organisation that is recognised for Voice Project's 2021 “Best Workplace” and “Change Champion" Award.
How to apply:
Why wait! Apply online and you will receive instructions on how to send your application to us.
For further information regarding this role, please first apply and you will be provided with contact details. (Seek policy).
For more information about volunteering and Cancer Council NSW, please go to our website.
Please note, the health and safety of our people is a priority for us, Cancer Council strongly recommends all employees and volunteers to be vaccinated to minimise the risk of serious illness as a result of COVID19.
Cancer Council NSW is committed to promoting diversity in the workplace. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged and welcomed.