Volunteer Shop Inductor – Vinnies BlacktownSt Vincent de Paul Society NSW
As a Volunteer Shop Inductor, you will play a central role in welcoming and supporting new volunteers to the shop, making a significant and valuable contribution to the St Vincent de Paul Society NSW.
The Volunteer Shop Inductor Role The Volunteer Shop Inductor will perform a variety of tasks including:
• Meeting and greeting potential volunteers;
• Assisting new volunteers to complete the application form and other related paperwork
• Basic computer skills (word, excel, outlook (emails))
• Leading new volunteers through the induction/orientation process, including safe work practices;
• Liaising and arranging with the Shop Manager/Team Leader/Day Coordinator about the start date for new volunteers;
• Maintaining contact with the volunteer during the initial period of their volunteering;
• Communicating regularly with the Shop Manager and/or Area Manager.
The volunteers we are seeking will ideally:
• Be a people person – welcoming, encouraging and positive;
• Healthy appreciation of volunteering and willingness to work within the ethos of the St Vincent de Paul Society;
• Working knowledge of computers and administration;
• Good organisational skills and presentation;
• Be respectful of others and flexible in their attitude to work and the team; and
• Have good time management and use initiative to get the job done.
No experience needed as in store coaching and training is provided. We welcome those with previous retail or hospitality backgrounds to share their experience with potential new volunteers in the shop.
Why join Vinnies as a volunteer Volunteering is a great way to interact with like-minded people and build friendships.
Your contribution as a volunteer will bring you a feeling of satisfaction knowing you are working for an organisation that makes a difference for those in need.
It will provide an opportunity for those who would like to gain administrative and presentational skills and experience in a retail environment and an avenue support new volunteers with your expertise and talents.
Our volunteers are an integral part of the ongoing success of our Vinnies shops and in achieving the goals outlined in the St Vincent de Paul NSW’s Strategic Plan.
If you are interested in becoming a much-valued Vinnies volunteer, please either pop in to the shop for an application and information pack or hit the APPLY button below.
Vinnies The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW (Vinnies) assists people experiencing poverty and inequality and works to shape a more just and compassionate society. We assist in offering “a hand up” to people in need. We do this by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope, and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny. The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is committed to being a Child Safe Organisation. Vinnies has developed a clear, accountable and transparent Policy and Procedures to ensure that it complies with relevant legislation and that all children and young people who come into contact with Vinnies are kept safe and are supported to the best of our capacity. St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is an Equal Opportunity host and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. Vinnies strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.