Social Media AssistantSpirit of Woman
Spirit of Woman is a not-for-profit organisation, seeking to change the discourse on domestic and family violence by creating The Place of Courage – Ripples across South Australia.
We are shifting domestic and family violence (DFV) from behind closed doors into the public domain, where it can be openly acknowledged, shared, and discussed. By changing the discourse on DFV, we can help break the intergenerational cycle. We see our enduring role as connecting, uniting, and helping South Australian agencies, not-for-profit organisations, and businesses to utilise the space in a variety of ways. This may include referring the site to clients as well as promoting and supporting community education programs to reduce domestic and family violence.
Ideal to have a passion for social change, technology, and design.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for DV to use their knowledge of social media to engage our online community.
This role will suit someone who knows their way around Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with ease and is to be performed on a voluntary basis with flexibility to attend and assist with events and promoting them. Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and website.
Ability to work independently from home unless attending events where flexibility is needed. The Social Media Assistant should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimise content so that it is bringing it to the attention of the public.
- Upload content and images, manage, maintain, advertise, and promote our events on behalf of the organisation.
- Generate, edit, publish, and share frequent content (original text, images, video, or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to act.
- Set up and optimise company pages within each social media platform to increase the company’s social content visibility.
- Knowledge in social media marketing or as a Digital Media Specialist
- Hands-on experience with a growing organisation in South Australia.
- Events and networking experiences.
- Opportunity to attend various events and organisation meetings.
- Part time hours.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications and limited capacity to onboard new volunteers, we may not be able to respond to every application. However, we do run monthly induction meetings. Two meetings are required, one about the organisation and community work; the second one about your volunteer obligations and practices.