Volunteer CoordinatorSpirit of Woman
Spirit of Woman is a not-for-profit organisation, seeking to change the discourse on domestic and family violence by creating The Place of Courage – Ripples across South Australia.
We are shifting domestic and family violence (DFV) from behind closed doors into the public domain, where it can be openly acknowledged, shared, and discussed. By changing the discourse on DFV, we can help break the intergenerational cycle. We see our enduring role as connecting, uniting, and helping South Australian agencies, not-for-profit organisations, and businesses to utilise the space in a variety of ways. This may include referring the site to clients as well as promoting and supporting community education programs to reduce domestic and family violence.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and focused volunteer coordinator to be responsible for our database of volunteers and volunteer opportunities. The volunteer coordinator's responsibilities include recruiting and training new volunteers, keeping a database of volunteer information and skills, matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills, keeping volunteers informed, and conveying the organisation's purpose to the public.
A successful volunteer coordinator should be meticulous about keeping records and passionate about volunteer work. You should uphold the values of our organisation while ensuring the comfort of our volunteers in their positions.
Volunteer Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, training, and supervising new volunteers.
- Collecting volunteer information, availability, and skills, and maintaining an up-to-date database.
- Using marketing tools such as outreach programs, e-mails, and volunteer databases.
- Keeping new and existing volunteers informed about the organization and volunteer opportunities.
- Matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper training.
- Keeping schedules and records of volunteers' work.
- Preparing codes of conduct and operating procedures to uphold the organization's values.
- Ensuring the organisation's purpose is conveyed to the public.
Volunteer Coordinator Requirements:
- Experience in volunteering and recruitment.
- Working knowledge of databases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisation and team-building skills.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications and limited capacity to onboard new volunteers, we may not be able to respond to every application. However, we do run monthly induction meetings. Two meetings are required, one about the organisation and community work; the second one about your volunteer obligations and practices.