Operations ManagerSpirit of Woman
Spirit of Woman is a not-for-profit organisation, seeking to change the discourse on domestic and family violence by creating The Place of Courage – Ripples across South Australia.
We are shifting domestic and family violence (DFV) from behind closed doors into the public domain, where it can be openly acknowledged, shared, and discussed. By changing the discourse on DFV, we can help break the intergenerational cycle. We see our enduring role as connecting, uniting, and helping South Australian agencies, not-for-profit organisations, and businesses to utilise the space in a variety of ways. This may include referring the site to clients as well as promoting and supporting community education programs to reduce domestic and family violence.
We are currently seeking a Volunteer Operations Manager, the role will involve:
- Directing the development, implementation, and ongoing enhancement of organisational processes.
- Contributing to the overall business direction and strategy by recommending improvements to operations.
- Preparing and analysing operational and management reports monitoring the effective delivery of organisational KPI's.
- Determining areas needing cost reduction and process improvement.
- Managing the day to day running of the operations team.
- Managing the day-to-day progress of the program throughout its life cycle
- Defining the methodology to manage the program
- Planning the overall program and monitoring progress to make sure that milestones are being met across the various projects.
- Managing the risks and issues that arise over the program life cycle and devising mitigation responses
- Coordinating the projects within the program and managing their interdependencies
- Managing the resources across the various projects in the program.
- Managing stakeholders of the program
- Providing status reports to programming sponsors and stakeholders
- Building relationships between the operations and support divisions and ensuring business units receive adequate operational support.
- Ensuring that all customer enquiries are resolved in a timeframe that meets established service level agreements. • Building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external clients.
- A Program Manager is responsible for coordinating the project teams and managing the dependencies between projects to achieve the overall delivery of the program.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop and implement a system, process, or procedure for effective utilisation of resources.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications and limited capacity to onboard new volunteers, we may not be able to respond to every application. However, we do run monthly induction meetings. Two meetings are required, one about the organisation and community work; the second one about your volunteer obligations and practices.