Dossy Community Connect VolunteerAgeing with Grace
Ageing with Grace has partnered with Uniting AgeWell, Melbourne University and Dossy to pilot a new video calling app called Dossy (dossy.co) which connects older people with family, friends and Dossy Community Connect Volunteers with one tap!
As a Volunteer, you will be connected to older people who have signed up for this project. Volunteers will make themselves available as often as possible to ensure older people have people to connect to when they wish to speak with someone for companionship. The role requires volunteers to provide friendly, warm, and genuine conversation for at least 15 - 30 minutes for each video call.
Key skills and abilities:
- An enjoyment and respect of older people
- Excellent communication skills
- ABle to commit to at least a 6 month period
- Maintain clear boundaries
- Practise a high level of confidentiality and privacy
- Own an iPhone or Ipad and have reliable Wi-Fi or data plan
- Submit monthly contribution report to Ageing with Grace
- Ageing with Grace will conduct a police check
- You will be required to provide a Statutory Declaration
- Sign a Volunteer Agreement and Code of Conduct