Have fun, change the world, volunteer at Oxfam Trailwalker Melbourne!Oxfam Australia
When and where?
Oxfam Trailwalker Melbourne 24 – 26 March 2023 At Various Locations between: Gembrook – Lilydale – Lysterfield. The event goes around the clock and shifts take place at any time. Whether you're a night owl, an early bird, or both; there will be a shift for you! Shift durations vary between 6 - 8 hours.
Oxfam Trailwalker is a community event that brings people together from all walks of life. Our dedicated volunteers create an incredible experience for our participants, supporting them walk 100km in 40 hours to raise much needed funds to tackle poverty. Without volunteers this event would not take place, which is why we need your help! Our exciting new trail starts at Gembrook Railway Station and finishes at Lysterfield Lake with 6 checkpoint stops along the way.
What does it involve?
Oxfam Trailwalker isn’t possible without the support of amazing volunteers like you, you can choose your shift for the following roles available:
- Trail Marker & Sweep Teams are physically active roles, with volunteer teams walking sections of the trail either marking the trail or sweeping behind our last walkers.
- Checkpoint Captains & Crew look after walkers as they rest along the 100km journey, making sure they have the support and supplies they need.
- Trail Marshals are on the trail and give walkers an extra spring in their step with motivational encouragement. Trail marshals also have an important role in ensuring the safety of the participants, and with providing directional support.
- Allied Health volunteers support & treat walkers at chosen checkpoints to help them complete the achievement of a lifetime. These roles are for qualified Allied Health professionals and students.
- Volunteer and walk for free in 2024!
- Oxfam Trailwalker volunteer gift and snack pack
- A fun event experience, and doing something different
- Meet like-minded people, and an opportunity to grow your skill set
- Supporting the community and helping others in need around the world
How do I sign up?
Head to the Oxfam Trailwalker website and select Volunteer! From here you will be able to register and choose a shift that best suits you.
Questions or interested in organising a group to volunteer? Get in touch with our Volunteer Team on 1300 130 516 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, who will help you find shifts that best suit you.
We can't wait to see you on the trail!