Youth Work VolunteerLittle Dreamers
WHO ARE WE?
We’re Little Dreamers, Australia’s leading non-profit organisation working with Young Carers around the country. A Young Carer is anyone under the age of 25 who currently provides, or intends to provide, care in their family for a parent or sibling who has a chronic illness, mental illness, disability or addiction.
Founded in 2009 by a Young Carer, we love building and delivering high quality programs that create deep and meaningful impact in the lives of young people providing care in their families. And we’re pretty good at it too.
To date, we have supported over 5,000 Young Carers, we deliver eight core programs alongside ad hoc supports, advocacy and community awareness campaigns. We have strong corporate partnership and funding relationships and have raised over $3 million to improve the quality of life for Young Carers around Australia. We have even received recognition from Queen Elizabeth II and have been named as an internationally best practice organisation for Young Carer support!
Our team is made up of 40 incredible humans working across VIC, NSW, QLD and SA. We are humble, hungry and kind and work hard to reach our goals. We believe in a world where every single Young Carer is supported by someone or something by 2030. Sounds fun right?! By joining the Volunteer Dream Team, you will play an integral part in supporting young people who often miss out on having a childhood.
Every Little Dreamers program works towards supporting Young Carers outside of their caring role and ensuring that these young people have the same access to opportunities that their non-caring peers have.
We have plenty of volunteer opportunities to suit every personality and schedule. Whether you're interested in becoming a mentor, sharing your creative skills and experience, helping with office/admin work, or volunteering at one of our fun-filled school holiday programs - we've got the role for you! We're looking for committed and enthusiastic change-makers to join our Dream Team and positively influence the lives of one of Australia's most vulnerable populations.
LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
- You’re passionate about working with young people and want to volunteer at a fast paced, not for profit organisation
- You’re fun, energetic and caring people!
- You have a desire to make a difference: Volunteers should care about making an impact to the lives of Young Carers
- You’re committed: We are looking for reliable and committed volunteers!
- You have great communication skills: Should be friendly and able to engage with a young person in a non-judgmental and appropriate manner.
- You have strong ethics: volunteers should have an appreciation of ethical issues and can be entrusted to behave appropriately around vulnerable people and seek guidance when unsure.
As a successful volunteer, you’ll be required to:
- Interview with a Little Dreamers staff member
- Obtain a Working with Children Check & complete a police check
- Complete online induction modules and additional training
- Maintain regular contact with Little Dreamers staff
WHY VOLUNTEER WITH US?
Each time you volunteer you are changing a life. The more that Little Dreamers grows, the more impact we have and you’re a key part of that. We think that’s a pretty top perk, but we don’t stop there…
As a Little Dreamers volunteer you’ll be joining a change-making community working together to make life better for one of Australia’s most vulnerable groups of Young People.
You’ll be offered access to personal and professional development opportunities, and the chance to expand in a number of different volunteer roles!
Finally, we care as much about you as we do about our Young Carers. The Little Dreamers team is a family and we offer continuous support throughout your time as a volunteer.