Apply now! Try Volunteering in a Red Cross Shop in QueenslandAustralian Red Cross
Red Cross has a new, fast-track program for you to try out volunteering. If you enjoy:
- caring about creating a vibrant local community;
- having a positives impact; and
- being part of a local team
### APPLY NOW and try out volunteering today!
Our new, fast-track Red Cross Shop Volunteering program is your pathway to making a difference today!
We're looking for locals in the community to help make the lives of others better and make a positive impact.
Red Cross Shops sell donated clothes, accessories and homewares to raise vital funds for us to continue our work. Every purchase in a Shop means Red Cross can help people overcome hardship, crisis and disaster both here at home and across the Asia Pacific.
Typical skills and activities in a Red Cross Shop:
- Customer service - help shoppers with their questions
- Cash handling - take money and give change to complete sales
- Communication - have a yarn and a laugh with the locals
- Reliable - turn up for shifts, sort donations, complete tasks around the Shop
- Sense of humour - locals love to have a chat and so do your colleagues
- Creativity - create fun and interesting displays to attract customers
- Organisation - complete tasks quickly and efficiently, like sorting donations
You'll find lots more information on the Red Cross Volunteers site!