Role on offer:
Collecting at Southland Shopping Centre
'Thursday Dec 15th 9am - 9pm (blocks of 2 hours) Friday Dec 16th 9am - 9pm (blocks of 2 hours) Sunday Dec 18th - 10am - 5pm (blocks of 2 hours)
Southland Shopping Centre - Nepean Highway, Cheltenham
Community volunteers & Corporate volunteers
Needs to be able to travel to Southland shopping centre independently
Clear and regular communication is facilitated with Leadership and mission volunteers to ensure smooth running of fundraising events. Mission volunteers are engaged and recruited as per plan. Ensure agreements with local councils and/or shopping centres are in place. Visit community spaces in the mapped area allocated to you. Create rosters and maps for volunteers. Assist with the gift wrapping.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements for the Position
· Experience in relevant field highly regarded.
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Mandatory Requirements of the Position
· Complete The Salvation Army (TSA) Mission Volunteer registration, induction and training - TSA is a ChildSafe workplace.
· Integrity checks as required for the role.
· Promotes a culture of integrity and professionalism within TSA and external dealings.
· Acts to prevent misconduct, illegal and inappropriate behavior.
· Actively promotes a workplace culture that values fair and inclusive work practices and diversity principles.
· Constructively raises and works through issues and challenges and seeks alternative solutions.
· Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to assert own ideas, give and receive constructive feedback and gain the agreement or acceptance of others.
· Builds cooperation and overcomes barriers to information sharing, communication and collaboration.
· Empowers, motivates and inspires others to achieve or exceed performance expectations.
· Builds a shared sense of strategic direction, clarifies priorities and goals and inspires others to achieve them.
· Makes sound financial and resourcing decisions, exercises delegations appropriately and monitors outcomes.
· Applies processes and knowledge for capturing relevant workplace knowledge.
· Immediately report any health and safety concerns, notifiable incidents and near misses, to Senior Team Leader and ensure any hazards are controlled until rectified.
· Ensure hazard, incident and accident form is completed when required in a timely manner.
· All volunteers are to be mindful of their own health and to take care of the health and safety of others.
· Volunteers are required to comply with all TSA work, health and safety policies and procedures as applicable to their workplace