The Flinders Medical Centre Volunteer Service are seeking dedicated and reliable volunteers with a passion for helping people to assist in the Emergency Department. The purpose of this position is to provide assistance to the Emergency Department staff in supporting patients or families who may benefit from additional support.
As a member of the Volunteer Service working in the Emergency Department you are an advocate for the patient’s family, you will:
- Assist staff by providing practical assistance and support for distressed and bereaved relatives.
- Work as part of the team to assist with patient/relatives’ general queries and liaise with Nursing/Medical and Social Work staff when and where appropriate.
- To identify, with staff assistance, patients or families who may benefit from additional support.
- Accompanying relatives to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Acute Medical Unit/EECU or other ward in the hospital.
- Provide refreshments for patients as requested by nursing/medical staff and drinks to relatives when appropriate.
- Approach patients and their families in a professional manner and maintain a high standard of service.
The Volunteer Service is committed to recruiting dedicated, professional volunteers who have the skills and experience appropriate for this role.