Marketing, Brand and Communications VolunteerAmnesty International Australia
The Brand team leads Amnesty International Australia’s brand and communications strategies to ensure Amnesty maintains its profile as Australia’s leading human rights organisation and continues to attract, engage and retain supporters to maximise our human rights impact.
The Brand & Communications Volunteer will work directly with our Brand Associate to support a number of tasks. These will include content production for key communications platforms including the AIA website, supporting work that extends awareness and affinity of our brand with new and younger audiences. Also trialling of media partnerships and emerging content formats and assisting in the design and implementation of influencer marketing activities. This role is an amazing insight into the world of brand management in a major human rights organisation, and you’ll be supported throughout with individual coaching and mentoring.
As the Brand and Communications Volunteer, some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Working to a brief to write and publish blogs and key research reports to the AIA website
- Creating and sharing website content with Brand and Story and Content teams for organic and paid promotion opportunities
- Presenting opportunities for influencers, media partnerships and emerging content formats that are on brand and meet KPIs
- Managing the influencer, media and content partnership database
- Managing influencer relations including outreach, briefing, onboarding, gifting, activating and overseeing the content deliverables process
- Creating reports to evaluate influencer activations and website content performance
- Other admin tasks as required
We strive to provide an engaging and meaningful experience for all of our volunteers. In this role you'll pick up marketing and communications skills specifically for communication of social justice and human rights issues, as well as some all-rounder skills in professional communication, website maintenance and potentially external stakeholder engagement. You'll gain valuable hands on experience working with Google Analytics, Klear and Wordpress which will be highly transferrable to future brand / communication roles. We'll also provide you with the training and support you need to thrive in this role while also providing the space and trust to work independently on certain tasks.
To find out more about this and role please apply via the Amnesty International Australia website. Only applicants who apply through the Amnesty International Australia will be considered. Applications close Friday the 31st of March 2023 at 11.59pm AEDT but we will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis so encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We’re open to candidates who are looking to organise an internship / placement arrangement as part of their studies. If this role suits the requirements of your internship / placement arrangement with your education institution, please let us know. In your Cover Letter provide details of your internship / placement arrangement including number or hours to be completed, approximate time-frame and any training, reporting or supervision requirements for the host organisation.
We’re looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic volunteer who:
- Has qualifications in or is currently studying Marketing, Communications, Digital Media or a related field
- Is highly organised with a strong attention to detail
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Is proficient in Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Has an understanding of social media platforms especially Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Snapchat
- Is passionate about human rights and social change
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Amnesty
We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of our work, community and partner relationships. We want people to achieve their full potential, which will positively impact our work and the communities in which we operate. At AI Australia, our values empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment. We are a movement of people from all walks of life around the world. We intend to actively contribute to building a more diverse and inclusive team.